It was founded in 1864 on the left coast of small river Osynova (aspen). The first name is Bilotserkivs'kyi. It has the modern name since 1919.
One of settlements in this territory - Osynove, was named by the river. Aspen groves on the river coasts. The second version - here nested many wasps (osa). Other settlement near the village names Krynychka in honour of a known water source.