The first mention refers to XVII century. It was Cossacks winter camp for peasants-fugitives from Podillya and Kyivschyna which left feudal oppression. Untill 1750 left bank os Synyha river was part of the lands of Zaporizhzhya Cossacks; in 1750-64 it was part of structure of New Serbia, since 1764 it was part of Elysavethrads'ka province. The first mentions of a large village Maslove (present Vil'shanka) concern to the middle of XVIII century. Here have lodged some families of the Zaporizhzhya cossacks led by cossack Maslov. After Russian-turkish war the 400 Bulgarian families have moved in these lands and created settlement Vil'shanka nearby Maslove. Since 1818 to 1857 the village had the status of military settlement and became one of strong points on border with Poland and Turkey. There were 4-th Bug divisions, and in due course - a staff of 12-th Novorosiys'k district.
"Znak" N32, 2004.