The first mention refers to the XV century.
In 1539 it was given the Magdeburg Right.
In 1665 Cossacks regiment conquered a castle in Pidhaitsi. Those scenes were reflected on a seal of 1658 - Latin letter "P" over a crescent and a cross under it.
Since the beginning of the 20th century town council session had used a picture of an or gate with two towers in an azure field on the seals.