According to the legends, on northeast from modern village was an old settlement Vegeriv Okip, which was destroed by the Tatars in the second half of XV century. The survived inhabitants of Vegeriv Okip in the beginning of the first quarter of XV century have moved on a Mlyns'kyi Potik river coast and based new village ("nove selo").
The first historical mention refers to July, 9th, 1463, when the Nove Selo became the property of prince Zbaraz'kyi Vasyl'. Inhabitants served in the Bohdan Khmel'nyts'ky army, took part in storm of Zbaraz'kyi castle. After Andrusiv armistice in 1667, Nove Selo remained in the Poland jurisdiction. In the end of XVII century it became the property of gentlemen Yordans, who owned it more than 100 years. During of ХVI сentury and first half of XVІІ century village was attacked and devastated by Tatars eighteen times. In 1772 Nove Selo has departed to Austria. According to Yosyfins'ka census of 1786 in the Nove Selo were 47 village houses, gentleman house, tavern, distillery. There existed church elementary school.