It is known from Volodymyr Great's times as Rusaniv hailstones. In annals it is mentioned since 1147 with Rusotyn name. The legend names the first settler - man witn Ruslan name. Other sources named the founder of village Savva Rusanovych. In documents 1508 he was mentioned as the big land owner. Other local legendary family is Solovei (Nightingale). In 1652 Pavlo Aleps'kyi marks the village as the significant craft centre with orthodox church.