It is known, that else in IV-III thousand up to AD on territory of modern Darnyts'kyi region near Nikol'ska village and lake Svyatyshche existed settlements, and in III-II thousand up to AD people belonging to zarubyc'ka culture here lived. There are some versions concerning occurrence of name "Darnytsia": from Darnytsia river, from Darnytsia lake because these grounds were granted ("podarovani") to monasteries and consequently; according to another version, there was a parking lot of foreign embassies which waited for reception by Great Kyiv Princes. The first official mention about Darnytsia considers to 1509. Until to 1917 Darnytsia entered into Osters'kyi district of the Chernihivs'ka province. In 1923 it has come in Brovars'kyi region of the Kyiv district. After 1927 Darnytsia was subordinated to the Kyiv city council. Since April, 3d, 1935 was formed the independent administrative unit - Darnyts'kyi region. Since 1987 Darnytsia's territory was included in the Kharkivs'kyi region of Kyiv. Since January, 30, 2001 according to the decision of the Kyiv city council, 2/3 territories of the Kharkivs'kyi and 1/3 territories of Darnyts'kyi region have come in the new Darnyts'kyi region of Kyiv. The general square of area makes more than 169 sq.khm, and number of its population makes more than 250000 inhabitans.