For the first time it was mentioned in Ipatiiv chronicles in 1092 and 1138. The city has appeared near a broad meadow ("Luka") that gave the name.
In 1569 Pryluky became property of Magnate Yarema Vyshnevets'kyi. In 1582 the town has received the Magdeburg Right and emblem - a fragment of a picture from the prince's emblem of the Vyshnevets'kyis. It was a head of a bull pierced by a saber.
Since the second half of the XVII century till 1764 it was a regimental town.