It is known since 1753. It is located on both sides of the Adzhamka river and its right inflow Sriblyanka. In historical records the village was mentioned under the name Adzhams'kyi trench. There was the 14th squadron of the Croatian Hussars. Approximately in 1757 the village was renamed in Subotyts'kyi trench, later it was transformed into a modern name - Subotsi. The new name comes from the Serbian town Subotica in honor of the founders and first settlers.